So this week I finally got my rewrite past chapter two and the first half of chapter three. It took me forever to get those chapters written. I had to scrap and rewrite large parts of them several times over the last month or so.
Then yesterday I realized that the scenes at the end of chapter two and beginning of chapter three would be much better if I scrapped them both (again) and combined them.
So I rewrote them again, half as long.
This isn’t a rewrite. It’s a write-over-and-over-and-over.
I think that second chapter can now be stamped *revisable* and left in the dust. Now to write a new beginning to chapter three…